Think about your investment plan. Do you know these numbers?
- The ideal capital growth for your overall portfolio (the increase in value)
- The ideal net yield (the money you make from rent after costs are paid)
- The amount of time you need to spend managing your investments (including expanding your portfolio, reviewing your portfolio, doing financial paperwork, and, if you don’t have a property manager, managing your properties)
- The amount of cash reserves you need to
- Cover emergencies
- Maintain your properties
- Provide deposits for new investments (depending on your financial plan).
These numbers all relate to your overall portfolio, and help tell you whether your investments and budgets are working for you. If your portfolio is performing below any of these numbers, you may need to change tack or change plans. We can help with either course of action.